I Want to Ride My Bicycle Bicycle Bicycle
What: Bike-to-Work Week
When: May 16-20, 2011
Where: Santa Fe, NM and Nationwide
It's that time of year to pump up the tires, lube the chain and get your bike ready to ride. May is National Bike to Work Month, May 16-20 is Bike to Work Week and Friday the 20th is Bike to Work Day. This is a week full of fun and educational biking events in Santa Fe. Check your calendar, and check your headset, then roll out for a bicycle week event. I'll see you there because, all I wanna do is bicycle bicycle bicycle.
Monday May 16
- 6pm: Bicycle Maintenance presented by The Broken Spoke, 1403 Second Street
- 6pm: Fix-A-Flat & Basic Bicycle Maintenance presented by REI, 500 Market Street
Tuesday May 17
- 4pm - 8pm: Open Workshop at the Chainbreaker Collective, 1515 5th St.
- 5:30 pm: Quick and Dirty Bike Commuting by Lisa Miles, Bike Santa Fe, at REI, 500 Market Street
Wednesday May 18
- 5:30 pm: Bicycle Commuting and Traffic Laws by City of Santa Fe Police Bicycle Unit at Genoveva Chavez Community Center (GCCC), 3221 Rodeo Road
- 6pm: Women's Fix-a-Flat presented by REI, 500 Market Street
Thursday May 19
- 4pm - 8pm: Women's Workshop at Chainbreaker Collective, 1515 5th Street
- 5:30 pm - 7pm: Mascara and Multi-Tools presented by Mickey Fong and the Pedal Queens at GCCC 3221 Rodeo Road; Women's only bicycle clinic about different types of bicycling, equipment and where to ride.
- 5:30 pm: Test Bicycles at REI, 500 Market Street
Friday May 20 - Bike-to-Work Day
- 7am - 9am: Pit Stops/Energy Stations FREE snacks; enter a raffle and get a bike tune-up at NM Bike 'N Sport, 524-C W. Cordova, Santa Fe Mountain Sports, 1221 Flagman Way, Rob and Charlies, 1632 St. Michaels Drive, Chainbreaker Collective, 1515 5th St., Tune-up Cafe,1115 Hickox St. Other participants include: Joe's Diner and Java Joes, both located at 2801 Rodeo Road, Miklo's Coffee House, 6005 Jaguar Dr., and Counter Culture, 930 Baca Street.
- 3:30 pm - 5pm: Bike Clinic presented by Christus St. Vincent Trauma Prevention Department, with Yvonne Ortiz and the City of Santa Fe Recreation Division at GCCC, 3221 Rodeo Road
- 4pm - 7pm: Bike-to-Work Day at the Railyard welcome by Mayor David Coss and Councilor Patti Bushee; FREE information, coffee, snacks, maintenance tips, bike accessories, helmet fitting, product display, maps, and flat-tire changing contest
- 7pm - 9pm: Social at Second Street Brewery Railyard location
FREE STUFF For Those Who Ride Their Bike This Week:
- FREE Bus Ride - Santa Fe Trails Bike and Bus will provide a FREE bus ride (May 16 through May 20) each time you put your bike on a rack.
- FREE T-Shirt to the first 350 participants
- FREE Clif Bars
- Library reading promotions - drawing for child's backpack with book reads